Monday, December 4, 2017

Review: Releasing Death

Releasing Death Releasing Death by Kenzi Bonde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book seven in the series and you could read it as a standalone, but to get the backstories and relationship correct, you need to read this series in order. And there are triggers here, past abuse. Done to a great number of characters in this story. So, you will get angst, you will laugh some and cry some. But the story here is one of healing, of believing in your own self-worth. Of growing and caring. Of never giving up.

I loved Kasey and Joel from the first. Both are damaged from the life they were forced to live. Neither believes they have anything to give another or are worthy. Kasey has watched Joel abuse himself by giving himself to whoever would have him, but now he’s done. From the time they first meet, Kasey has loved Joel. But if Joel keeps breaking his heart, how can Joel claim to love him back? What follows is the work they both must do. The work of healing, for themselves and to make a relationship work. Throw in a few surprises, a twist and turn, this is a compelling read.

I loved that we get to see most of the characters from the previous books here too. I do have to say that I still find Beau and Dean a bit creepy. But I do hope they get their own book. Because I will read it. This is an amazing, well-written series with wonderful characters. Get book one and read them all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment