Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review: Coach's Challenge

Coach's Challenge Coach's Challenge by V.L. Locey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first in this series I’ve read, and my understanding is there’s another series (Point Shot Trilogy) I should have read first. This story is a look at Vic and Dan’s relationship, now that they are married. I didn’t have any problems following the story, even when I could tell there was a reference to something in their past. Or understanding the relationships of everyone involved with the cast of secondary characters.

I wasn’t so sure about Vic. Did I like him or not? He comes across as a bit of a jerk, but with a hidden heart of gold. But he was actually a very fun character to read, as he dealt with things that haunted him from his and Dan’s past. Things like Vic’s baby momma, Dan’s old lover and the general mayhem that surrounds a hockey team. Dan was the element that kept Vic on an even keel, pulling him back when Vic started to get sidetracked by everything happening.

Well written, nicely paced story, with great characters. I will be going back to read the others in this series as well as the Point Shot Trilogy (Because can you ever get enough hockey stories? No!) And I will be looking forward to the next in this series as well.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment